Explore Visual C# Undergraduate Certificate
Designed to help software professionals master Microsoft's .NET architecture using the C# programming language, Champlain's online Visual C# certificate will allow you to expand your career options with a credential employers will respect.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your online bachelor's degree in software development or online bachelor's degree in computer information systems.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our Visual C# certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, a Visual C# certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named among the top MBA programs by Abound/Colleges of Distinction
Gain New Skills with a Certificate
Computer and information technology occupations are projected to grow 12% from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all new occupations, as a result of an increased business focus on cloud computer, data collection and storage, and information security.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2019
Top Reasons to Pursue a Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way toward a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online Visual C# undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online Visual C# courses encompass the top skills needed by today's information technology professionals.
Learn the basics and more in this course on Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and SQL (Structured Query Language). Students propose a final project in the first module and then work, week-by-week, to design, create, and populate the database. Then, students learn to create queries and stored procedures.
Students learn to develop applications/software using state of the art Microsoft's .NET Framework platform. Students will start with an overview of .NET's architecture and build upon this using C# programming languages. Students will learn leading-edge computing technologies/concepts such as LINQ, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces, Exceptions, GUI with Windows Forms and GUI with WPF, XML and XAML. They will work individually to build .Net enabled programs that solve real problems.
A continuation of Visual C# Programming I. The focus is on object-oriented programming techniques including inheritance, exception handling and using graphical user interface objects. Coverage of files and streams, data transfer, Active Server Pages, web services, and collections will conclude the course. Robust software development assignments will emphasize solving real problems.
Graduates of the online Visual C# certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Use the latest version of Microsoft's Visual Studio integrated development environment to write, debug and test programs.
- Write programs on Microsoft's .NET's architecture using the C# programming language to build applications using computing technologies and techniques such as inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling and GUI design.
- Implement cutting-edge technologies such as working with files and streams, database connectivity, adding interactivity and using web services to develop rich Internet applications.
- Use the latest developer extension tools for Microsoft Visual Studio to program applications for Windows Phone..
- Demonstrate ability to create a smart device project, adding functionality using forms and code, and emulator or device testing and deployment applied to increasingly complex mobile applications.
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Visual C#
Champlain College Online's technology faculty, led by Program Director Dr. Sérgio Tenreiro de Magalhães, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our Visual C# certificate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s technology professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Alumni of the Champlain College Online undergraduate certificate in visual C# program work in corporations, small businesses, government organizations, and nonprofits nationwide, including:
- Dealertrack Technologies
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Gardener's Supply Company
- Keurig Dr. Pepper
- Northwestern Medical Center
- U.S. Army
- Vanderbilt Life Flight
Titles our alumni hold include:
- Decision Support and Budget Manager
- Implementation Software Developer
- Senior Consultant
- Senior Web Developer
- Sr. Data Conversion Specialist
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.