Nationally-Recognized Higher Education Programs
Consistently ranked by US News & World Report and the Princeton Review as a leader in higher education, Champlain is a private, nonprofit college and home to a number of academic programs that are recognized annually for their quality, innovation, and affordability. Champlain College Online leadership, program directors, and faculty are frequently sought-after thought leaders in their fields. We've been educating students on our campus in Burlington, VT since 1878, and online since the launch of our online programs in the mid-1990s.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked among the Best Regional Universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked the "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report
- Named Best Cybersecurity Higher Education Program in the United States by SC Magazine
- Designated since 2006 as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security
- Designated as a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) Air Force Office of Special Investigations; Champlain is the only private college in the country, and the fifth in the nation, to receive this distinction
- Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Regionally Accredited by NECHE
Champlain College is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Regional accreditation of an institution of higher education by the NECHE indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the NECHE is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact: New England Commission of Higher Education, 3 Burlington Woods Road, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4514, 781-425-7785, email@example.com.