Learn more about what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain.
Online Student Support
To help you thrive while balancing life, school, and work, we've created a variety of proven academic, personal, and career support services. Feel valued every step of the way.
Support and Resources Available to Champlain Online Students
Whether you're looking for academic assistance, help with time management, have questions about technology, or simply need someone to talk to, Champlain's dedicated staff members are here to help.
Champlain academic advisors play an important role in our students' learning experiences. As soon as you accept your offer of admission, you'll be assigned an advisor who will work with you throughout your program. Your advisor's role is to help you achieve your academic goals, and can be contacted at any time by phone or email. Reach out to your advisor for help with:
- Questions about your program. Advisors can give you information on the courses you need to take, when they're offered, and the requirements you need to meet in order to graduate.
- Staying on track. Champlain advisors can connect you with time management and stress management support resources, offer words of encouragement if you're feeling overwhelmed, and help you determine a course of action if obstacles arise or if you need to take time away from your education for whatever reason.
- Accessing resources. Your advisor can connect you with tutors, answer questions about the online classroom, direct you to career resources, and help you with library support.
Enrolling at an online college doesn’t mean you’re alone. Our academic advisors are here to support you every step of the way, helping you identify your interests, strengths, and goals and ways to build upon them throughout your time at Champlain College. While going back to school isn’t easy, our advisors are here to remove the obstacles holding you back and to get you to graduation.
Smarthinking Online Tutoring
Champlain offers real-time online tutoring and homework help, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any computer with Internet access. You can participate in live support sessions with Smarthinking tutors, who are all professional educators with master's or doctoral degrees.
Additionally, Smarthinking offers on-demand tutorials in math, business, writing, and science, as well as a wide range of other study resources, including:
- Writing manuals
- Sample problems
- Research tools
- Study skills materials
Champlain's award-winning Miller Information Commons offers the ability to live chat with librarians for assistance with research or general library services.
Accommodations are available to all currently enrolled students with a documented disability substantially limiting them in major activities. Individuals eligible for accommodation services include (but are not limited to) students with documented hearing, visual, speech, and/or learning disabilities.
If you are eligible and plan to seek academic accommodations for your online courses, please make those arrangements prior to the start of classes. Notify our Accommodations Services Center using the instructions outlined below in advance of your class beginning, and they will provide you with the guidance you need to request accommodations.
Once a student has been admitted to Champlain College Online, the following guidelines will assist in making a smooth transition into the College:
- Submit current, comprehensive, objective, professional documentation of your disability to the Office of Accessibility.
- A staff member will contact you before the start of the semester to schedule an appointment for discussion of: the academic accommodations process, learning needs and supporting documentation, and appropriate and reasonable academic accommodations.
- Once registered with the Office of Accessibility, it is the responsibility of the student to contact the office at the start of each semester to request that their academic accommodations be enacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the student's responsibility to arrange for certain provisions which are outside the scope of the Office of Accessibility and the College. These provisions include, but may not be limited to: attendant care, mobility training, items/services of a personal nature and sources of financial aid. The Office of Accessibility is available to consult with a student regarding needs and possible local resources.
Academic Advising Team
Emily Peters, M.S.
Business Management (A.S. & B.S.), Executive Leadership (M.S.),Human Relations & Organization Development (M.S), Management Information Systems (B.S), Marketing & Communication (B.S.), Positive Organization Development (Graduate Certificate)
"I was living in Mexico during my program, and there was a major earthquake. My advisor heard about it and called me the next day to find out how I was. It's that kind of personal touch that really makes Champlain special."
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Paying for School
With a variety of options to reduce the cost of going to school and flexible ways to pay, expect more affordability and a high-quality education that won’t break the bank.Explore Ways to Pay
From the blog
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your experience at Champlain College Online.
Online Experience Guide Download
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.