Resources and quick links for accepted students
New Student Checklist
We know you’re excited to get started - we’re excited to welcome you to the Champlain College community! Shortly after accepting your offer, you will receive an introductory email from your advisor. If you have any questions about starting classes, juggling school, work, and family, or anything else, your advisor is your go-to person. They’re here for you. To get to know all our advisors and get specific contact information, head over to our Student Support page.
As a newly accepted student at Champlain College Online there are a few things you need to do before you can start your classes. To fully prepare yourself for your first term at Champlain, complete the items below.
For a printable checklist, click here.
In the days after being registered you will receive an automated email directing you to activate your Champlain College account. This account will provide you login access to all Champlain College resources including your Champlain College email, Canvas (our online Learning Management System), WebAdvisor (where you can check your Program Evaluation, class schedule, grades, etc.), Smarthinking 24/7 online tutoring, and more.
You will receive a second email letting you know that your email address has been set up. Official email will be sent to your Champlain College email account; any requests you make to alter your academic record in any way (ie, withdraw from a class) must originate from your Champlain College email account. Therefore, it is critical that you create this account by doing the following:
- Log out of any personal gmail accounts
- Proceed to gmail.com
- "Create" an account. Use the full username you established when you activated your account, and be sure to include "mymail.champlain.edu" on the end. Your password is what you changed it to during your account activation.
Log into (and bookmark) WebAdvisor using your Champlain College credentials, and select "students" to access the following:
- For a list of your program requirements, your progress and grades throughout your program, select Program Evaluation. Please review this document regularly as it displays your curriculum and grades as you earn them.
- To view the courses you are registered for each term, click My Class Schedule, and select the upcoming term. The link to your course material requirements are provided.
- To view your course material requirements, such as textbooks, click the link in My Class Schedule to directly access our online bookstore where you can purchase materials for your upcoming courses.
- For tuition & payment information, select Student Statement & Payment and/or Tuition Reimbursement Statement.
- To view your financial aid information click Financial Aid Award Letter.
Please contact your academic advisor if you need help navigating WebAdvisor.
Prior to starting your first class at Champlain College, you are expected to complete two free, self-paced orientation tutorials that will help you prepare for your class(es). You will receive an email approximately three weeks prior to the start of your first class to let you know the tutorials are open.
You’ll be invited to attend a webinar for new students approximately 3 weeks before the start of your first class. If you're not able to attend, don’t worry—a recording of the webinar will be sent to you.
3-4 weeks before your first class, your academic advisor will remind you to:
- Double check your course registration in WebAdvisor
- Confirm textbook requirements and any additional required materials
- Preview your course syllabus
- Review the Technical Requirements
- Connect with the Office of Accessibility if you have a documented disability that could substantially limit your ability to be successful in the online classroombelieve; you could be eligible for academic accommodations
The Champlain College library is not only a brick and mortar building full of people and books, but also a digital resource providing access to material that will help you complete your work. Often times, materials needed for classes are provided via our library meaning fewer textbooks are required. Our award-winning librarians are experts in the research process and are available by phone, chat or email to help you succeed.
Smarthinking is a 24/7 online tutoring platform offered to all Champlain College students. You can meet virtually with a tutor, post a question, get study materials, view tutorials, submit a paper or career documents (like your resume) for review, and more.
All you need to get started are your Champlain College login credentials. You can log into Smarthinking here.
If you have a documented disability that could substantially limit your ability to be successful in the online classroom, you may request reasonable academic accommodations through the College's Office of Accessibility.
Locate the many resources, questions and answers available to you through the Current Students page. If you aren’t able to find what you need, your Academic Advisor is here to help get you to the right place.