Explore Business Analytics
The ability to strategically analyze data is an in-demand skill becoming more commonplace across many aspects of business today. Designed for professionals in management positions, Champlain’s business analytics certificate online trains students to derive meaning from data in order to make informed business decisions. The graduate certificate in business analytics helps you develop the skills needed to organize and explore data, assess the value of information in an organization, and apply business analytics techniques to meet business performance objectives through artificial intelligence, customer analytics, operations analytics, and other big data. Taking business analytics courses online will prepare you to thoughtfully analyze data and information to effectively lead in businesses, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and more.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our business analytics certificate courses are applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you’re upskilling your undergraduate degree knowledge or you're currently pursuing your master’s degree, advancing your expertise with a business analytics certificate online program is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge such as predictive analytics, data literacy, or other business intelligence.
Learn More About Champlain College Online
Attend our upcoming online information session on February 28 and learn more about the admission process, programs, and transfer credit opportunities including our Prior Learning Assessment of non-academic experience.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the among the best schools with accelerated bachelor's degrees by Intelligent.com
Accomplish More With a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Business and financial occupations are expected to grow 8% from 2020 to 2030, as a result of an increasingly complex global business landscape.* More specifically, management analyst jobs are projected to grow 14% between 2020 and 2030, with a median salary of $87,660 per year.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Earn a Graduate Certificate
- Climb the career ladder
- Build new skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- Differentiate your resume
- Test a new field
- Pursue a passion
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online graduate certificate in business analytics, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online business analytics courses encompass the top skills needed by today's business professionals.
This course covers the foundations of Data Management for Business Analytics. Students examine and explore the value of information, as an asset and as a liability, and organize and assess its value in an information- driven organization dealing with the challenges of Big Data, Open Data and privacy protection legislation.
Students learn to create powerful reporting tools, to forecast data behavior, and to explore its use in business. This class has a hands-on approach, developed in the context of the application of analytics to business, allowing students to develop the skills necessary to create relevant tools for data-driven organizations. All hands-on work assumes the existence of a technology infrastructure, and no prior knowledge on how to install or maintain the software used in the labs is required.
Students apply the business analytics skills to specific business areas. Students will explore techniques and develop tools that model consumer behavior, supply and demand, and financial performance, in order to predict data evolution in different conflicting scenarios. Students will also apply business analytics to HR decision making such as recruiting, performance measurement, or compensation.
Graduates of the business analytics online graduate certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Use the principles of data organization, storage, security, and application to describe data management strategies for various business contexts, including the challenges and opportunities associated with Big Data, Open Data, and privacy legislations
- Integrate and apply descriptive, predictive, and clustering analytics techniques across diverse business areas, employing data visualization, reporting tools, and data storytelling to drive informed business decisions and strategies.
- Create tools for data visualization in formats designed to support business management
- Explore the impact of emerging trends, including emerging technologies, and privacy regulations, in business analytics
- Apply business analytics concepts and techniques to meet business scenario goals
Champlain College Online's business faculty, led by Department Chair Dr. Albert Orbinati, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our business management curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s business professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the business world, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online students and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Graduate Tuition Fall '23 - Summer '24
*Based on a 3-credit course; cost will vary if course is a different number of credits
Upcoming Information Session
Let's Talk About Champlain College Online
Join us as we provide an overview of our admissions process, Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) opportunities, and academic degree offerings, including the launch of new programs.
Meet the Department Chair
- Business (A.S., B.S., M.S., Certificates)
- Human Resource Management (B.S., Certificates)
- Leadership (M.S.)
- Management Information Systems (B.S.)
- Organization Development & Human Relations (M.S.)
Albert Orbinati, PhD, is Assistant Professor and Department Chair for the undergraduate and graduate business programs at Champlain College Online.
Prior to Champlain, Dr. Orbinati's roles have included Assistant Vice President of Online Learning and Continuing Education at Medaille University in Buffalo, NY; Dean of the School of Professional and Continuing Education at Russell Sage College in Albany, NY; and Director of Online and Non-Traditional Programs at Utica University in Utica, NY. In addition to his career in higher education, Albert is a member of the U.S. military, and currently holds the rank of Major in the Vermont Air National Guard.
Dr. Orbinati holds a B.A. in Urban Planning from Binghamton University, an M.A. in Adult Education from Central Michigan University, an M.B.A from Champlain College, and a Ph.D. in Adult Education from Capella University.
Get Your Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Experience Guide
I acknowledge that, by clicking the "submit" button, I am giving my express written consent to Champlain College and its representatives to contact me about educational opportunities via email, text, or phone, at the phone number above, including my mobile phone, using an automatic dialer, or pre-recorded message. Message and data rates may apply. I understand that my consent is not a requirement for enrollment, and I may withdraw my consent at any time.