The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love. All students are enrolled automatically to this free offering, once you become a student check your Canvas page for information.
There are four modules that comprise this course:
Get Focused: Gain Clarity Around Your Career Goals
- Set goals and understand the value you bring to your next employer.
- Create a step-by-step action plan to bring your job search to life and leave the waiting game behind.
- Learn how to stand out among the competition to get the attention of decision-makers.
- Uncover the “hidden job market” and find roles with little to no competition.
Get Branded: Optimize Your Resume
- Revise your resume to get your target companies interested in meeting you and the exact formats that I’ve used to make it easy for decision-makers to understand your value.
- Learn how to incorporate keywords and create impactful achievements that pop.
- Tailor your resume quickly and easily to get past the application websites and into the interview.
Get Noticed: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
- How to write a LinkedIn profile in a way that makes recruiters want to talk to you now.
- What to include to ensure you are found by recruiters and capture attention.
- What to do each day to make the best use of your time and put social networking to work for you.
- Advanced searches to help you uncover hidden job opportunities within your network.
Get Hired: Build A Search Strategy
- Strategies to leverage LinkedIn and create your own personal database of dream companies with contacts to help you get hired.
- Building your network with relevant connections that can provide insider job search information.
- How to stay top of mind with a team of supporters cheering you on and notifying you when jobs open up.
- How to write simple, but super effective outreach emails – including ways to increase the chances of getting a response.