Complete MGMT-525 or have equivalent knowledge or coursework.
Explore Business Management
Propel your career forward with a graduate certificate in business. You'll learn and practice advanced management concepts, with a specific focus on leadership and the global economy.
This certificate is designed as a standalone program, and may not be used as an embedded certificate in the MBA program.
Build Your Career Future
As the business world becomes increasingly complex, today's business professionals must have a diverse skillset. These new business professionals must be agile and approach challenges with a systems-thinking mindset and, increasingly, must have a focused area of specialization.
A graduate certificate in business management is a great way to highlight these in-demand skills and showcase subject matter expertise, as well as gain knowledge that can be applied to your workplace from day one.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, and live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the among the best schools with accelerated bachelor's degrees by Intelligent.com
Accomplish More With a Graduate Certificate in Business Management
Business and financial occupations are expected to grow 8% from 2020 to 2030, faster than the average growth for all fields, as a result of an increasingly complex global business landscape. The median annual wage for these roles is $72,250.*
A specialized certificate can help you build new skills, differentiate your resume, and demonstrate your value as an employee in your current organization.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Earn a Graduate Certificate
- Climb the career ladder
- Build new skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- Differentiate your resume
- Test a new field
- Pursue a passion
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online business management graduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online business management courses encompass the top skills needed by today's business professionals.
Required Courses (12 Credits):
Self-leadership is defined by a developed sense of who you are, what you can do, and where you are going, coupled with the ability to affect your behavior and emotions and to communicate effectively through the process. Students will develop a sense of self-awareness to include the values and habits of mind that drive one's practie as an innovative and creative leader, in a global and diverse workplace.
The world is increasingly characterized by diversity and an integrated economy. Balancing the business opportunities and risks associated with dynamic and uncertain global changes is critical to effective leadership in this global economy. Leaders must learn how to integrate their understanding of culture, ethics, economic and policial issues into their decision making and strategy development.
Decision-making in any organization cannot be separated from financial considerations, and those involved with strategic planning and operations need to understand the impact their work has on the organization's financial performance. Managers must understand the organization's financial models in order to make a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the organization. Students will focus on using financial information rather than creating it and will use case studies and simulations to experience low-risk financial decision-making.
Complete MBA-516 or take concurrently.
During a firm's planning, operations, and control cycles, many choices and decisions must be made. We introduce you to financial information within an orgranization that supports decision making and performance measurement in addition to how to use this information to make a business case to various stakeholders. Students will also consider how weigh both qualitative and quantitative factors when making decisions.
Complete MBA-524 or HCMT-527
Graduates of the business management online graduate certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Communicate effectively in business settings, including developing and articulating logical and persuasive arguments, marshaling supporting evidence and distinguishing fact from opinion.
- Identify problems and formulate solutions in a way that utilizes a systems thinking approach, which recognizes that any change made to one component of an interdependent, dynamic system will affect other components.
- Evaluate risk in business scenarios by questioning underlying assumptions and emerging patterns, brainstorming solutions, and investigating factors that can lead to, or have led to, success and incorporate those factors innovatively into future decisions.
- Using a systems approach, evaluate the effect of an increasingly global and diverse environment on an organization; consider internal systems such as relationships, finance and operations, as well as inter-firm relationships
- Use design thinking to generate innovative approaches to leading in today’s fast changing organizations, with a focus on navigating competitive, political and economic environments.
- Develop an ethical approach to business planning by using quantitative analyses, balanced with competing qualitative factors, including interpretation of financial statements and recognition of stakeholder contending interests.
- Formulate a personal leadership mission statement and presence that reflects insights into yourself, others and the changing business environment in the context of political realities and competing points of view.
Champlain College Online's business faculty, led by Department Chair Dr. Albert Orbinati, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our business management curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s business professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the business world, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online students and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Graduate Tuition Fall '23 - Summer '24
*Based on a 3-credit course; cost will vary if course is a different number of credits
Meet the Department Chair
- Business (A.S., B.S., M.S., Certificates)
- Human Resource Management (B.S., Certificates)
- Leadership (M.S.)
- Management Information Systems (B.S.)
- Organization Development & Human Relations (M.S.)
Albert Orbinati, PhD, is Assistant Professor and Department Chair for the undergraduate and graduate business programs at Champlain College Online.
Prior to Champlain, Dr. Orbinati's roles have included Assistant Vice President of Online Learning and Continuing Education at Medaille University in Buffalo, NY; Dean of the School of Professional and Continuing Education at Russell Sage College in Albany, NY; and Director of Online and Non-Traditional Programs at Utica University in Utica, NY. In addition to his career in higher education, Albert is a member of the U.S. military, and currently holds the rank of Major in the Vermont Air National Guard.
Dr. Orbinati holds a B.A. in Urban Planning from Binghamton University, an M.A. in Adult Education from Central Michigan University, an M.B.A from Champlain College, and a Ph.D. in Adult Education from Capella University.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
I acknowledge that, by clicking the "submit" button, I am giving my express written consent to Champlain College and its representatives to contact me about educational opportunities via email, text, or phone, at the phone number above, including my mobile phone, using an automatic dialer, or pre-recorded message. Message and data rates may apply. I understand that my consent is not a requirement for enrollment, and I may withdraw my consent at any time.