Complete MGMT-525 or have equivalent knowledge or coursework.
Explore Business Management
Propel your career forward with a graduate certificate in business. You'll learn and practice advanced management concepts, with a specific focus on leadership and the global economy.
This certificate is designed as a stand-alone program, and may not be used as an embedded certificate in the MBA program.
Build Your Career Future
As the business world becomes increasingly complex, today's business professionals must have a diverse skillset. These new business professionals must be agile and approach challenges with a systems-thinking mindset and, increasingly, must have a focused area of specialization.
A graduate certificate in business management is a great way to highlight these in-demand skills and showcase subject matter expertise, as well as gain knowledge that can be applied to your workplace from day one.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Accomplish More With a Graduate Certificate in Business Management
Business and financial occupations are expected to grow 7% from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average growth for all fields, as a result of an increasingly complex global business landscape. The median annual wage for these roles is over $68,000.
A specialized certificate can help you build new skills, differentiate your resume, and demonstrate your value as an employee in your current organization.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2019
Top Reasons to Earn a Graduate Certificate
- Climb the career ladder
- Build new skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- Differentiate your resume
- Test a new field
- Pursue a passion
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online business management graduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online business management courses encompass the top skills needed by today's business professionals.
Required Courses (12 Credits):
Self-leadership is defined by a developed sense of who you are, what you can do, and where you are going, coupled with the ability to affect your behavior and emotions and to communicate effectively through the process. Students will develop a sense of self-awareness to include the values and habits of mind that drive one's practie as an innovative and creative leader, in a global and diverse workplace.
The world is increasingly characterized by diversity and an integrated economy. Balancing the business opportunities and risks associated with dynamic and uncertain global changes is critical to effective leadership in this global economy. Leaders must learn how to integrate their understanding of culture, ethics, economic and politicial issues into their decision making and strategy development.
Complete MBA-512 or take concurrently
Decision-making in any organization cannot be separated from financial considerations, and those involved with strategic planning and operations need to understand the impact their work has on the organization's financial performance. Managers must understand the organization's financial models in order to make a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the organization. Students will focus on using financial information rather than creating it and will use case studies and simulations to experience low-risk financial decision-making.
Complete MBA-516 or take concurrently.
During a firm's planning, operations, and control cycles, many choices and decisions must be made. We introduce you to financial information within an orgranization that supports decision making and performance measurement in addition to how to use this information to make a business case to various stakeholders. Students will also consider how weigh both qualitative and quantitative factors when making decisions.
Graduates of the business management online graduate certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Identify problems and formulate solutions using a systems approach to thinking, recognizing that change can and will affect other areas of your organization.
- Evaluate risk in business scenarios, investigating factors that can lead to success and determine how to innovatively incorporate them into future decisions.
- Assess the effect of an increasingly global and diverse environment on an organization.
- Create ethical business plans using quantitative and qualitative analysis, including financial statements and recognizing the interests of stakeholders.
- Recognize your personal leadership style and how it impacts others as well as your organization.
Champlain College Online's business faculty, led by Program Director Dr. Linda Miller, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our business management graduate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s business professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Paying For Your Education Information Session
Every financial situation is different, but let us offer some helpful tips and walk you through the financial process at Champlain Online. In this interactive webinar, learn from an admissions representative who will share with you some information about financial aid, payment plans, veteran benefits, and more.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.