Explore Advanced Cybersecurity
Build your knowledge of network and website security, the risks and remediations associated with mobile devices, and ethical hacking in Champlain's online advanced cybersecurity certificate program.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your online bachelor's in cybersecurity. Please note that students must complete the Undergraduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Fundamentals prior to enrolling in this certificate.
A Nationally Recognized Leader in Cybersecurity
Champlain is a nationally recognized leader in cybersecurity and digital forensics education and home of the Senator Patrick Leahy Center for Digital Investigation & Cybersecurity. With a robust faculty of expert-practitioner instructors who have significant experience working for top organizations and are sought-after thought leaders in the field, we specialize in building agile cybersecurity and digital forensics programs that the meet mission-critical needs of today's businesses, nonprofit organizations, and state and federal governments.
Champlain has been designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the U.S. National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security since 2006, and Champlain cybersecurity programs have been named best in the nation by SC Magazine. Champlain is also designated as a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3) Air Force Office of Special Investigations - the fifth college in the nation to receive this distinction.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our advanced cybersecurity certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, an online advanced cybersecurity certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Designated Best Online Private College by Intelligent.com
Consistently ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Degrees by US News & World Report
Ranked among the Most Affordable Online Cybersecurity Bachelor's Degrees
Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Gain New Skills With A Certificate
Cybersecurity careers are expected to grow 32% between 2018 and 2028, significantly higher than the average growth for all fields.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2019
Top Reasons To Pursue A Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way toward a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online advanced cybersecurity undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online advanced cybersecurity courses encompass the top skills needed by today's information security professionals.
Required Courses (18 Credits):
In this class, students take an intense look at networks and the ways that we provide appropriate controls and technology to provide security to them, while using Wireshark and NMAP as supporting tools.
This course focus on mobile threats and risks, smartphone security, mobile Internet security, mobile location privacy, and securing ad hoc networks. Students will use Acrylic WiFi, netsh and the Android x86 emulator.
This is a course on how to find and exploit vulnerabilities in systems. While discussing the ethical and legal framework of these activities, students will use Google search techniques (a.k.a. Google Hacking), online applications, including Damn Vulnerable Web Application (DVWA), and Champlain’s virtual environments equipped with Kali Linux, Metasploitable, Nessus, Nexpose, NMAP, Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP), W3AF, Burp, and Security Administrator Tool for Analyzing Networks (a.k.a. SATAN), among other tools.
Take CMIT-135,WEBD-125 and WEBD-220 or CYBR-210
This course is a thorough review of the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Suite, which is the de underlying de facto communications protocol standard suite of the Internet. Students will use the Wireshark software to analyze the operation of services provided by TCP/IP, troubleshoot common issues and gain an understanding of related security and management issues.
From storyboard to form creation, students walk through the steps to create a basic four to five-page website to specification in this course that introduces HTML5 and CSS. Hands-on assignments reinforce skills development and best practices in design: navigation, column layout, image editing and usage, fonts and tables.
Plus, select one of the following
CYBR-320 covers strategies, techniques and technologies used in attacking and defending information systems, and how to design secure networks and protect against intrusion, malware and other hacker exploits. Students will use the Security Onion Linux distribution and the Security Onion toolkit and will perform some log analysis. However, the course has its bigger focus on best practices.
CYBR-240, CFDI-240, CYBR-210.
In CYBR-410, students have a look on how the landscape of threats and defenses is evolving. Some of the tools used in the class are: Social Engineer's Toolkit (Kali Linux), Metasploitable, Low Orbit Ion Cannon (loic), hping3, TinyCA, and openSSL.
This course examines cybersecurity policy planning in an organizational context. The aim is to examine key procedures, such as security requirements analysis and risk assessments, to determine their roles in policy formation.
Graduates of the online advanced cybersecurity certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Identify intrusion detection and response best practices.
- Understand the role of emerging threats in cybersecurity.
- Implement information security policy and regulations for risk-based decision-making.
- Apply web development concepts to understand site structure and implementation.
- Develop strategies for layered protection of networks to secure information security assets.
- Understand the security risks related to mobile devices and appropriate remediation measures.
- Practice common methods for ethical testing of systems to expose vulnerabilities.
- Acrylic WiFi
- Android x86
- Damn Vulnerable Web Application (DVWA)
- Google Hacking
- Kali Linux
- Security Administrator Tool for Analyzing Networks (SATAN)
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP)
Students who have earned the CISSP Certification are eligible for transfer credits toward this certificate. Please speak to an admission representative or your academic advisor for details.
Champlain College Online's cybersecurity faculty, led by Program Director Sérgio Tenreiro de Magalhães, PhD, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our cyber security curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s cybersecurity professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the world of cybersecurity, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.