Complete COMM-130 or COM-100.
Explore Project Management
Learn to plan, organize and manage resources to meet project goals and objectives, and enter the business field with a credential employers will respect, with Champlain's online project management certificate.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your bachelor's degree in business management online.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our project management certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, a project management certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Gain New Skills with a Certificate
Business and financial occupations are expected to grow 7% from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average growth for all fields, as a result of an increasingly complex global business landscape.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2019
Top Reasons to Pursue a Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way towards a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online project management undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online project management courses encompass the top skills needed by today's business professionals.
Students will apply communication theory and research to address the particular challenges to communicating effectively in organizations. Students will learn how to identify organizational communication problems, analyze those problems, and generate effective solutions. Students will examine the relationship between organizational structure and specific communicative practices, and how communication practices by organizational members establish, maintain, or change organizational culture. They will also learn how to anticipate communication deficiencies in organizations, and use communication as a means to facilitate organizational development and innovation.
Students will learn how to create conditions for successful conflict engagement, a necessary skill for any professional. The course focuses on the foundational capacities to remain calm and connected with oneself and others. In this state students can access helpful ideas and responses and be their best selves regardless of environment. Improving facility for conflict creates stronger relationships and reduces fear. By the end of the course, students will understand that disagreement and difference can become a source of personal and interpersonal growth.
Project schedules allow managers, team members, and stakeholders to track progress, set and manage expectations, communicate, control costs, and collaborate. Tasks and deliverables can be monitored and controlled to ensure timely delivery-and if any delays do occur, project managers can easily gauge their impact and make the necessary adjustments. Central to the schedule is a detailed understanding of the project budget, and working to control costs and manage stakeholder expectations.
The process of managing stakeholders is an important project management activity that focuses on communicating and managing stakeholder expectations and concerns for the purpose of meeting needs, addressing issues, resolving conflict situations, and achieving the project goals. The process is generally based on holding communications and taking change requests to gather feedback and make updates to project documentation. Similarly, managing project teams is the process of tracking team member performance, providing feedback, resolving issues, and managing team changes to optimize project performance. The key benefit of this process is that it influences team behavior, manages conflict, resolves issues, and appraises team member performance.
The traditional practice of project management is based on the notion that the customer can understand and articulate his or her requirements fully and up front. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case and often customers either don't understand precisely what they need or, more often, will know it when they see it. This is where Agile Project Management comes in. Whether you are managing a project, are on the forefront of a new business venture, or are developing new business processes, Agile Project Management can help managers meet their goals without compromising business value or quality. This course will provide a foundation in Agile and build competencies in Agile Project Management through simulation, case study analysis, and software. Students will receive hands-on experience with agile and scrum processes in a class project. Students will also investigate Agile value principles, release planning, portfolio governance, and the Scrum methodology.
Complete MGMT-260 OR MGMT-262
In the culminating course for the certificates, students will reframe knowledge and competencies from their certificate into a workable model that is applied through experiential learning models to a professional opportunity. Students will apply these competencies as professional best practice in a project that incorporates relevant research findings from the field.
Completion of certificate content requirements
Graduates of the online project management certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Use common project management software to effectively and efficiently manage projects.
- Make decisions about managing projects that incorporate an understanding of an organization's culture and team dynamics.
- Determine and manage project resources in a cost-effective and timely manner, ensuring a project's success.
- Inventory the tasks in a process and reconfigure them to create the most efficient and timely approach to completion.
- Analyze projects to identify risks to on-time completion.
- Demonstrate ethical and global issues arising in managing projects, particularly those related to crossing international boundaries.
- Control and monitor a project, evaluate it when it's completed, and process the final report.
Champlain College Online's business faculty, led by Program Director Dr. Albert Orbinati, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our project management certificate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s business professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.