Explore Healthcare Administration
Enhance your healthcare career and gain essential knowledge of healthcare system design and innovation, information systems, finance, law, and project management with an online graduate certificate in healthcare administration.
Build Your Career Future
As an experienced healthcare professional, you are more than familiar with the complexities and challenges that face the healthcare field, and are optimistic about the opportunity to bring fresh thinking to the industry. A graduate certificate is a great way to build in-demand skills, highlight your expertise, and quickly gain knowledge that can be applied to your workplace from day one.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Accomplish More with a Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration
Employment in healthcare administration occupations is projected to grow by 32% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all fields.*
A specialized certificate can help you build new skills, differentiate your resume, and demonstrate your value as an employee in your current organization.
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Earn a Graduate Certificate
- Climb the career ladder
- Build new skills
- Earn a recognized credential
- Differentiate your resume
- Test a new field
- Pursue a passion
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online healthcare administration graduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online healthcare administration courses encompass the top skills needed by today's healthcare professionals.
Required Courses (15 Credits):
Students learn about the U.S. health care system, including the government's role in the industry, cost and quality issues, managed care, reimbursement mechanisms, legal and regulatory issues, profit vs. non-profit care, the role of technology, and then compare it to international health care systems. Students will begin to conceptualize new models of delivery through analysis of barriers to process improvement and the use of design thinking and analytics. Students will appraise development, implementation and management of system components.
Managing information as a strategic resource is challenging. Students will design IT systems to capture, combine, and transform data into information to measure processes/outcomes of care, support clinical decision-making and management decisions, empower patients, and improve health care operations. Students explore health information systems within the context of associated business processes to develop innovative solutions. Management of change as related to clinical systems will also be stressed to help build buy-in, engage individuals and ultimately improve workflow and system design.
Students gain systemic overview of the financial operations of common healthcare organizations, both public and private and an understanding of various financial components enabling health services to be delivered. Students identify key issues confronting the financial management of healthcare systems and provide innovative strategies for effective management of these financial management challenges. Topics explored include traditional and innovative financial management techniques and data analytical methods applied to healthcare settings, as well as financial management challenges unique to the industry.
Complete HCMT-515 concurrently or prior to HCMT-527.
Students learn to apply elements of regulation, law and ethics to the administrative process in a variety of healthcare settings and situations. Healthcare administrators can avoid many legal disputes by understanding basic concepts such as patient rights, informed consent and privacy regulations. Course themes include the legal barriers that interfere with process improvement, malpractice, and the limits on sharing information across institutions. Students analyze recent legal developments, including the Affordable Care Act, medical marijuana, and right to die legislation.
Complete HCMT-515 concurrently or prior to HCMT-535.
This course is designed to introduce a systemic process for planning, organizing and controlling healthcare projects using design thinking and innovation. The course presents a practical methodology for completing projects more quickly with fewer problems. Student work consists of readings, research, class special-topic presentations, group activities, a project management journal, and participation in a real world healthcare project. Students will be encouraged to apply project-management techniques to solve existing real-world healthcare business problems using design thinking and innovation.
Complete HCMT-515 concurrently or prior to HCMT-545.
Graduates of the healthcare administration online graduate certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Explain and compare the organizational elements and structure, delivery modalities and barriers to system and process improvement (including past, current and future information technology processes) for US and global healthcare systems, and, using existing and proposed system designs and innovative and design thinking, conceptualize more effective systems.
- Maintain accurate financial records, prepare budgets, analyze variance and assess financial opportunities and risks, making recommendations for action based on organizational goals, data visualizations, management techniques and GAAP metrics.
- Apply the methodologies used in healthcare finance and reimbursement processes to evaluate and execute decisions regarding optimal organizational and system direction.
- Create policy and processes, and execute decisions in compliance with the legal, regulatory and ethical considerations inherent in managing healthcare systems and organizations, with particular attention to information technology processes and structure and how these considerations impact all aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Develop innovative solutions to strategic, tactical and operational issues in managing healthcare systems and associated information technology through the combined use of information, data analytics, organizational knowledge, talent management and critical and design thinking.
Champlain College Online's healthcare administration faculty are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our healthcare administration curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s healthcare professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Paying For Your Education Information Session
Every financial situation is different, but let us offer some helpful tips and walk you through the financial process at Champlain Online. In this interactive webinar, learn from an admissions representative who will share with you some information about financial aid, payment plans, veteran benefits, and more.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.