Completion of 15 credits certificate content courses before enrolling in this course.
Explore Human Resource Management
Designed for both current human resources professionals and those looking to enter the field, Champlain's online human resource management certificate will help you hone your business and people skills, and give you an introduction to the everyday requirements of managing an HR department.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your online associate degree in business management or online bachelor's degree in business management.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our human resource management certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, a human resources certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Gain New Skills with a Certificate
Employment in human resources occupations is projected to grow by 10% percent from 2020 to 2030.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Pursue a Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way towards a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online human resource management undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online human resource management courses encompass the top skills needed by today's HR professionals.
Required Courses (16 Credits):
Students identify and analyze the myriad legal issues surrounding the workplace, employment relationships, human resources, and federal and state regulation of employment. Topics include employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, health and retirement benefits, occupational health and safety, competition and trade secret agreements, sexual harassment, and privacy rights.
Human Resource professionals have to be keenly aware of the employee lifecycle (ELC) - a method used to visualize how an employee engages with a company. The first stage of the ELC is attraction. Regardless of how strong your company is, without attracting great talent, your company will fail.?The second stage, recruitment, is the period where you seek out and recruit the best talent to join your organization.
Occurring after human resource professionals have recruited top talent, the onboarding period is critical to getting new hires well-adjusted to the organizational environment and performance aspects of their new job. During the development period, HR professionals begin to consistently encourage professional development among?their teams, which acts?as a catalyst in their skill development?and also helps provide them with a future career path within the company.
Compensation and Benefits will provide students a detailed understanding of how to develop a Total Rewards Program (TRP), and the strategic choices employers make when selecting TRP financial terms. The course covers the implementation of compensation strategies, benefits packages, work-life balance programs, performance and service recognition strategies, and career development strategies.
Employee retention is focused on keeping top employees, and ensuring they're happy and sufficiently challenged in their respective roles within the organization. The influence of company culture goes a long way in this lifecycle stage. If the culture in the organization is poor, it inevitably leads to high employee turnover rates. In the event an employee leaves the organization, approaching the separation process strategically is critical. When a team member leaves, it has an effect on other members.
In the culminating course for the certificates, students will reframe knowledge and competencies from their certificate into a workable model that is applied through experiential learning models to a professional opportunity. Students will apply these competencies as professional best practice in a project that incorporates relevant research findings from the field.
Graduates of the online human resource management certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Relate the functions of human resource management (HRM) to the organization and how HRM both differentiates from and integrates with other business units.
- Apply the fundamentals of the Employee Lifecycle to current, real-world workplace scenarios in order to improve employee performance and well-being.
- Use data and HR analytics to improve human resource outcomes.
- Compose internal and external communication strategies that support a thriving organizational culture and help to engage potential employees.
- Practice and apply DEI approaches to build diverse teams, build an equitable culture, and support employee retention.
Champlain College Online's human resources faculty, led by Program Director Dr. Albert Orbinati, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our HR certificate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s human resources professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the business world, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Alumni of the Champlain College Online undergraduate certificate in human resource management program work in corporations, small businesses, government organizations, and nonprofits nationwide, including:
- Cabot Creamery
- Community Bank
- Dealertrack Technologies
- General Dynamics
- Grand Valley State University
- New London Hospital
- People's United Bank
- U.S. Postal Service
- Textron Systems
Titles our alumni hold include:
- Assistant Manager
- Contracts Administrator
- Education Coordinator
- Human Resources Assistant
- HR Director
- Human Resource Administrator
- Human Resources Specialist
- Payroll and Benefits Administrator
- Staff Assistant
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.