Learn the foundations of marketing and enter the business field with a credential employers will respect with Champlain's online marketing certificate.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your bachelor's degree in business management online.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our marketing certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, a marketing certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Gain New Skills With a Certificate
Marketing occupations are expected to grow 10% from 2020 to 2030 as a result of an increasingly complex global business landscape.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top Reasons to Pursue a Certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way towards a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online marketing undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online marketing courses encompass the top skills needed by today's business professionals.
Required Courses (16 Credits):
Finding and utilizing the right data and information to help with business decision-making - this skill is indispensable to any business professional, no matter the field or discipline of business. Students learn how to find data - the right data - efficiently and accurately, using advanced search methods. Students will harness major resources and utilize databases, government resources, and financial websites. Students will also learn to utilize a system for developing research questions, choosing the right resources to substantiate a research plan and evaluate and organize business data into useful forms.
This course provides insight into consumer behavior, and how consumers engage in the decision making process. This includes an in-depth study of the internal, external, and situational influences on consumer behavior such as culture, learning, personality and lifestyle, values and motivations. Students will learn to assess current brands' marketing strategies with respect to consumer behavior and develop an understanding of the impact consumerism has on various global populations.
Students will learn how to utilize digital platforms as part of a comprehensive and integrated marketing strategy. Through a mix of strategy, professional certification, and hands-on application students will be exposed to the digital marketing ecosystem and best practices in the discipline. Students will work with an organization to conduct a digital audit and provide digital marketing recommendations. Students should expect to sign up for and utilize current online tools.
MKTG-200 or MKT-110
Marketing is the process that moves goods/services from concept through customer, while considering the customer's needs and satisfaction. Students learn marketing terminology and principles including the marketing mix (product, price, place and promotion) and the Four C's (create,connect,change and cancel). Marketing knowledge is reinforced through application, and students have an opportunity to integrate these principles with managerial accounting concepts. The impact of ethical issues, diversity, globalization and social responsibility on marketing decisions will also be examined.
Students will develop a resonant, data-driven, and ethically sound Integrated Marketing Communications Campaign for a real-world client. Utilizing all elements of the promotional mix, they will design this IMC campaign to achieve all objectives set forth by the client.
In the culminating course for the certificates, students will reframe knowledge and competencies from their certificate into a workable model that is applied through experiential learning models to a professional opportunity. Students will apply these competencies as professional best practice in a project that incorporates relevant research findings from the field.
Completion of 15 credits certificate content courses before enrolling in this course.
Graduates of the online marketing certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Explain the value of marketing to business success.
- Use foundational marketing knowledge, including consumer behavior theory and research, digital marketing, and integrated marketing communication, to analyze and build effective marketing campaigns.
- Exhibit multi-channel media fluency, applying oral, written, visual, digital and technological communication skills to successfully engage multiple stakeholders.
- Intentionally utilize an ethical, analytic, data-driven approach to continuous improvement of marketing approaches.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply marketing knowledge to support business decision-making.
- Identify and evaluate own knowledge, skills, and abilities for application to professional practice.
Champlain College Online's business faculty, led by Program Director Albert Orbinati, PhD, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our project management certificate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s business professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
Upcoming Information Sessions
The Online Learning Experience Information Session
Are you curious about online education? Have you taken online classes before, but want to see what online learning is like at Champlain College? Join us for an informational webinar with an admissions representative, who will show you what that experience is like! You'll get a tour of the online classroom, learn about who we are, who are students are, and discover resources and support. The webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
From Our Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online.
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.