Explore C++ Programming
Obtain a solid foundation in object-oriented programming in one of the most widely used programming languages today and gain knowledge of over 12 key applications, platforms, and programming languages. Earn your C++ certificate online at Champlain College and enter this field with a credential employers will respect.
This certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program, or can be used as a stepping stone on the way to obtaining your online associate degree in software development, online bachelor's degree in software development, or online bachelor's degree in computer information systems.
Build Your Career Future
We understand how important it is for busy working adults to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, which is why our C++ certificate coursework is applicable to the workplace from day one. Whether you've already earned an undergraduate degree or you're currently pursuing your bachelor's degree, a C++ certificate is a great way to earn a credential in the field, get your resume noticed, and demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of knowledge.
Fast Start Formula Career Bundle
Propel your career even further by upgrading your certificate with our Fast Start Formula Career Bundle designed to get you noticed and get you hired. Gain access to the Fast Start Formula Career Course, the Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook, live webinars with "hot seat" coaching by Executive Career Coach Jen Morris and a one-year membership to the leading job search website for remote and flexible jobs, Flex Jobs.
Academic Excellence and Recognition
Regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Designated as a Military Friendly School for our commitment to the military community
Named the Best Private Online College by Intelligent.com
Gain New Skills with a Certificate
Computer and information technology occupations are projected to grow 13% from 2020 to 2030 - faster than the average for all new occupations - as a result of an increased business focus on cloud computing, data collection and storage, and information security.*
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 2020
Top reasons to pursue a certificate
- Enter a new field
- Build new skills
- Gain knowledge on your way towards a degree
- Differentiate your resume
- Earn a credential
- Demonstrate proficiency in a focused area of learning
Learn more about Champlain's 100% online C++ undergraduate certificate, designed for working professionals.
Champlain's online C++ programming courses encompass the top skills needed by today's programming professionals.
Note: Some of the courses in this program are available in 15-week terms only. Please contact your advisor for details.
Required Courses (18 Credits):
From day one, students in this course are problem solving, first in terms of algorithmic design and then as early as week two via programming in the latest version of Python, using PyCharm. Students begin by writing a program to have a conversation, having strings and numbers as input, and advance, by week seven, to building a working password saver program, capable of looking up, adding (and encrypting), and storing passwords.
This course will introduce students to programming concepts, using a major industry programming language, C++. SDEV-240 covers the history of programming languages, the essentials of the C++ programming language, and how to write effective and efficient programs to solve a variety of real-world problems.
The focus of this course is to cover the robust and powerful features of C++ and Object Oriented Programming. These skills will serve as a foundation to transit to develop Client/Server, Database driven applications and simulations.
Students will learn the concepts, techniques, and structures of discrete mathematics necessary for the software engineer, including logic, sets, functions, relations, Boolean algebra, and combinatorics. The course also introduces the concept of mathematical proof.
Complete MATH-125 with a minimum grade of B- OR complete MATH-210
The goal of this course is to learn about correct, efficient data structures and algorithms, and how to design, analyze, and implementation them in software applications. Various abstract data types including linked lists, stacks, queues, and trees will be covered in detail. Algorithms for searching, sorting, and implementing data structures will be examined using diagrams, animations, pseudocode, and C++ code.
Students will write scripts for a variety of Linux operating system functions that perform typical tasks. In addition to covering scripting syntax, efficient coding techniques and documentation will be addressed. Topics include Linux shell commands, file redirection, regular expressions, and shell programming in the Bourne Again Shell (BASH) language. Assignments will provide hands-on experience writing and executing shell scripts on virtual Linux computers.
Graduates of the online C++ certificate program will demonstrate the following industry-specific skills, knowledge, and competencies:
- Use an integrated development environment (IDE) to write, debug and test programs.
- Recognize and incorporate programming elements such as loops, decision making, functions, variables, and object-oriented constructs into applications that solve real world problems.
- Learn about efficient data structures and algorithms and their design, analysis, implementation and application for common tasks such as searching and sorting data; algorithms will be examined using diagrams, animations, and sample C++ code.
- Extend your knowledge to Microsoft's .NET's architecture using the C++ programming language to build applications using advanced computing technologies and techniques such as LINQ, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, GUI design and XML.
Alumni of the Champlain College Online undergraduate certificate in C++ programming work in corporations, small businesses, government organizations, and nonprofits nationwide, including:
- Greylock Federal Credit Union
- People's United Bank
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- U.S. Navy
- UTC Aerospace Systems
Titles our alumni hold include:
- Analytics Manager
- Control System Engineer
- Intelligence Analyst
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Sr. Financial Control Representative
- Senior Analyst
Champlain College Online's technology faculty, led by Program Director Dr. Sérgio Tenreiro de Magalhães, are expert practitioners in the field. Their industry expertise ensures that our C++ certificate curriculum is aligned with the needs of employers, and reflects the skills today’s technology professionals need for success. Classes led by our seasoned experts will give you real-world insight into the field, and create a rich community of career-focused learning.
Many certificate students come to us seeking ways to get noticed at their current employers or to get hired in a new field. Given that, we are hyper focused on increasing the career mobility of our students and that's why we developed the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle, a suite of career offerings designed to help our students get noticed, get hired and land jobs they'll love.
Valued at over $1,000, the career bundle is offered to Champlain College Online certificate students for only $162 and includes:
- Fast Start Formula Course: The Fast Start Formula Course for getting noticed and getting hired is taught by Jen Morris, an executive career coach that we've developed a partnership with to support our students in their job search journeys. This course is online, self-paced and full of tips and tricks to land a job you'll love.
- Live Webinars: Log-on to ask your specific job search questions, get live “hot seat” coaching and gain valuable insights from leading career coach, Jen Morris.
- Membership to Flex Jobs (12-months): As the leading resource for finding remote and flexible work, Flex Jobs helps people find professional remote and flexible jobs in 50+ career fields, entry-level to executive, part-time to full-time, in the U.S. and around the world. Every job and company is researched for you to help you decide if you want to apply. Flex Jobs also offers great resources and tools like resume reviews and live customer support so you can land the remote or flexible job you want.
- Landing A Job You'll Love Ebook: Download this ebook full of tips and tricks for standing out from the competition. From how to optimize your LinkedIn profile, to insider information on how recruiters work and bypassing the automated application websites, you’ll be sure to learn how rise to the top.
Upon enrollment in a degree or certificate, your access to the Fast Start Formula Career Bundle will made available to you.
Tuition & Costs
Continuing your education is an investment in your future. Learn more about our affordable tuition rates.
Upcoming Information Session
The Online Learning Experience Information Session
Are you curious about online education? Have you taken online classes before, but want to see what online learning is like at Champlain College? Join us for an informational webinar with an admissions representative, who will show you what that experience is like! You'll get a tour of the online classroom, learn about who we are, who are students are, and discover resources and support. The webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
"I was living in Mexico during my program, and there was a major earthquake. My advisor heard about it and called me the next day to find out how I was. It's that kind of personal touch that really makes Champlain special."
From the Blog
You may also be interested in
Download Online Experience Guide
Learn what you can expect from your online experience at Champlain College Online
Download Online Learning Experience Guide
Champlain College will not share or sell personal information. Submitting this form constitutes your express written consent to agree to receive e-mails, texts, and phone messages from Champlain College at the phone number(s) and email address provided in this form.